Why must charge the battery during in stock?
Storage battery life will be affected by stock time and stock temperature:
The longer time the battery been stocked, the battery capacity will decrease, the higher temperature, the battery capacity will decrease more.
If battery storage long time, it will self discharge, self discharge is a kind of micro-current discharge, it will create tight lead sulfate crystals, after long time accumulate, will change to tight lead sulfate floors,
the charge way of constant voltage and limit current can not change the tight lead sulfate floors to active material,finally lead the battery capacity can not be recovered.
For the battery long time in stock, The battery will self discharge 3% per month normally in 25degree,
please according to below:
1. if the self discharged battery actual capacity above 80% marked capacity: no need to charge by extra.
2. if the self discharged battery actual capacity between 60%-80% marked capacity: please charge the battery
before start use, so can recover its capacity.
3. If the self discharged battery actual capacity below 60% marked capacity: Even recharge can not recover
the battery, so never put the battery in stock over 10months without charge.
In order to keep the battery always in good performance, to the battery which in stock, must charge and
discharge at least once every 6 months, to revive the battery capacity, according to different storage
temperature, the suggest supply charge time interval is as below:
1. If the battery stocked in temperature between 10-20degree, please charge and discharge at least once every 6months.
2. If the battery stocked in temperature between 20-30degree, please charge and discharge at least once every 3months.
3. If the battery stocked in temperature above 30degree, please change the storage place, this temperature will be badly affect on battery capacity and performance
#solarbattery #agmbattery #gelbattery #leadacidbattery #battery #lithiumbattery #lifepo4battery #UPSBATTERY #Storagebattery